Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bad Day in Cindyville

Well, I am sure we have all had one of those days when all hell breaks loose and you are right smack dab in the middle of it. I sure was today and I would feel better if I let it all out. Ready? Here goes:


I received a check in the mail from the Dept. of Rehab, to start school for medical transcription. I had preselected a school already. So I call the counselor for the
class and ask if I should take this check to her/admissions seeing as how the registration date was coming up on the 4th of March.


The counselor informs me that registration would be via computer only. I would have to bring the check to the first day of class and even then I couldn't be guaranteed a place in the class. Mind you I had been going between the two counselors at Rehab and the school. There wasn't anything we didn't cover...I thought.


I emailed my other counselor through Dept. of Rehab and informed him I no longer want to attend this school.


Then I decided to check up on the book I ordered from a well known bookstore. Boy, I must have woken up on the wrong day. I tracked my book from the day I ordered it on Feb. 13th to present (Feb. 18th, 21st, 24th). It was being shipped from New Jersey, I live in California. Coming first through DHL to USPS, then to my local post office. Which was all well and good. I just wished I knew it was coming from New Jersey! I would have walked inside the store which is two blocks away. At the time I couldn't and thought this would be faster. I just came from the mailbox and there sat my book, today is the 25th of February.

As the day grows I read a very sad blog that brought tears to my eyes. By this time I wanted to go to my bed and pull the covers over my head. Maybe start again the next day.


My poor mother just came to the kitchen table to tell me that she has a leak in her bathroom and all the water from the tank is on the floor. AAAAAH! I handed her a telephone number of a plumber friend and they were able to come out today. In less than two hours.

Now let me get this straight, the toilet can be fixed but my life is still in ruins as far as education goes. Go figure. Writing has become my life and even though I can stop and start, it has become my comfort and life saver. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in the Almighty.

He is the one thing that is my first constant in life. What keeps me on the straight and narrow. I just tend to wander every now and again. Not to mention gripe a little along the way. I better go pray for myself. That's a whole other blog unto itself!



No comments: